Louise's Life

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Decisions

So now that there are pictures posted of my aerial stuff (thanks to my computer savy boyfriend--i tried to post pictures myself and failed), those of you who have never seen an aerial silk performance will have an idea of what i am talking about.

So my latest decision is this:
To stay in Barcelona, now that i am finally here, or to move to NYC in January to work as an apprectice with Firefly Dance Co., training on aerial silks and learning other circus-type skills.

I attended circus school for 9 months after college, just on the side while also working full time. I worked hard and really loved it, wanting to continue, but I dropped out because it is very expensive and i prioritized moving to Europe. The irony, is that just weeks before finally moving here, while at Burning Man (a huge, week-long art festival), I started learning aerial silks. The classes were free and offered daily and I got really into it, attending everyday and getting to know the people in the company. We had a recital at the end of the week and i got lots of compliments and felt really good about it. I thought it was just for fun and I´d maybe pursue it later if I could find a teacher in Barcelona, when lo and behold, I was offered an apprenticeship in New York by the director, with whom I had been working at burningman. (all photos on this site were taken at Burning Man, most of them taken by some really wonderful Canadian photographer named Greg).

So I have only a couple more days to sign the contract or not.
Now it seems really simple. Free training in an amazing city full of opportunity? What am I waiting for? Well, I just got here, is one problem, after working and saving and planning and i don´t know if i´ll be ready to leave so soon, but the real problem lies elsewhere. Love is a powerful thing, and my boyfriend, Corbin, doesn´t want to live in NY, but is willing to move to Europe with me.
Can we last if I leave here for three months and then to NY for another year? Only time will tell, but I hope so.

So, I welcome all opinions on my situation. "She didn´t know, should she stay? should she go?" (and can you tell me what that is a quote from?)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger eric said…

    But Yes! the Hippopotamus!
    (but not the armadillo)

    Following your heart is hard work. Especially when your heart says several things at once...
    -gypsy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home