Louise's Life

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Last week in NYC



Well, the time has come, my furry friends, to wrap things up. I got back from Georgia, tired and hurting from pushing myself too hard, but eager to make the most of my last couple weeks in NY. (Athough directing and performing in the show downt here was an amazing experience. I sure do give orders better than i take them...hee hee).
After a few days of training, I decided it was best to stop that all together, just save my energy for teaching, and spend my extra time seeing NYC. I mean, how is it possible that I have been here 8 months and hardly seen the city? So, that has been my job lately, (besides odd babysitting jobs and teaching some evenings). I've had a great time eating out, enjoying central park, which is amazing this time of year. We even had a couple beautiful, not-too-humid, clear, blue days to enjoy. I have been catching up with my friends, meeting cool Kenyan acrobats backstage at a circus, going to comedy clubs and packing my life into boxes.

My ticket home is booked for this coming Monday! Burning Man prep will occupy the few days after that and then Corbin and I head out to the Neveda Desert for another Burning Man adventure. For those who have forgotten, that is where I met this circus group and got myself invited to NY last year, so who is to say what will transpire this year.

In terms of life back in California, I have done my best to set up work and activities that will begin as soon as I hit the ground. I will be working 5 days a week upon returning, teaching and nannying like before, saving up and hopefully going to cosmetology school next year.
I have been invited back to sing with The Choral Project (amazing choir!), which I am honored and excited about, and have plans to play music with my sister(s), in some form or another.
Corbin's house needs work, and he has a million projects already set aside for me, as I hear.
I am really looking forward to getting my butt back in shape the way only ISK kickboxing can do (since I am not training now, I am feeling the lack of exercise in my body, which is different from the over-use pain, but has its own drawbacks).
Then there is unicycling that I have missed terribly and a million other hobbies and interests that I may embark on at some point. Needless to say, I am still me, busy and excited about life, and will in no way be bored without my 30 hours/week circus training schedule.

The company I am leaving is doing really well, though. We had some members leave as of late (not just me), so that is a fall-back, but the core that is left is strong and able. Besides the performance company, the education sector is soon to become The New York Circus Arts Academy, which is very exciting. (I was offered a job teaching for them, but I didn't come here to teach, I came here to perform--although I was still honored at the suggestion). It is a little sad to leave such an exciting project in its infant state, but I know it is in good hands.

I think that is all the news for now. For those of you reading this in the bay area, I would love to hang out, catch up and have you over (yup, I am taking over the house already). : ) when I get back, so get ahold of me.
For the rest of you, this blog may become scarce when I am back, as the life of a music teacher isn't as exciting as a world traveler or one who runs away from the circus, but check back for occational unicycle pictures or performance updates, as I hope to never be truly boring.

I'm adding a few pictures from NYC: central park and such.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger onewheellobster said…

    Hi,
    William Dockrill here from Nova Scotia,media coordinator for RTL. Please may we talk about Team Venus?
    I would like to get the news out now.
    william.dockrill@gmail.com
    ridethelobster@hotmail.com
    media@ridethelobster.com

    or
    the big wheel, Edward Wedler
    ridethelobster@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home