Louise's Life

Friday, October 14, 2005

Half way done

The TEFL course I´m taking is proving to be more time consuming than I had originally anticipated. I was warned that it was intense, and although difficult it isn´t, there is a lot of work and keeping up on the tasks is important.

So far I have learned a ton and am really glad I am doing this. When it will come in useful, I am not quite sure, as I have decided to move to NYC in January, but I´m sure at some point it will. I will probably be living over seas again after my one year contract with Firefly Dance Co. ends in Dec. of 2006.

As for adventures around here as of late, there haven´t been many. I´ve been the nerdy student I always am when I am in school. And I have been grateful, too, when other students stumble in 2 hours late and still drunk.

For one of our projects we are supposed to interview a English student (a local that takes english classes here--they are the people we practice on and they pay only 1 Euro/hour for classes). Well, this project is a one-on-one teaching project (to learn to do private lessons). The guy I got just so happens to be a native of Argentina and is also an actor and comedian. Well, I am thrilled to have something in common with him. He was telling me about a circus/theatre company in from Amsterdam for the week. So Wed. night we planned to meet and go to a show. (I called him up and just straight up invited myself--can´t be shy when you are low on time). Well, I hadn´t heard from him by 9:30 and the show was at 10pm, so I went home because I didn´t have directions to the place. I was feeling sort of depressed and lonely. Just as I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed, I got a text message from him saying he´d be late and he´d sent directions to get there. Well, I made myself leave the house again and go be social. Unfortunately, it was POURING rain. (There have been articles in the paper about how they haven´t had this much rain in one day in 100 years<---bad translation from spanish to english). And the worst part was that this was mostly an outdoor festival (with no circus but lots of music and theatre). Well, I stayed for awhile until my stomach ache got so bad I could hardly stand (they´ve been really acting up lately, :( as well as a return of headaches). And I never found this guy (can´t blame him for not going out in that weather)...but I wasn´t going to let it get me down, so I sang¨"I´m singing in the rain" all the way to the metro station. When I got home to my door (really the door to the unit I live in and I live upstairs 4 flights up) there was this couple standing in the doorway saying their sweet goodbyes. They looked rather frightened when a wet rat in a red coat showed up.
That was my only attempt to go out this week.
But tonight starts the First Annual Barcelona Contact Improvization Festival, so I am off to go get wet on this camping/dance event. More on that later.

Cheers to all. Much love and I miss you guys. I was looking at some pictures of S.F. on someone´s computer yesterday and I got very homesick.
And good news--Corbin is coming to visit me here for Thanksgiving. Happy day!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger eric said…

    Sis, you sound lonely. Sending love...
    -Gypsy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home