Louise's Life

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Firefly goes on Tour

Even though I will be participating as an injured member who pretty much just sits around and stretches, the circus group I am in, Firefly, is leaving on tour tomorrow morning. We head out of NY early Thursday, Feb. 23rd and go to Baltimore to audition a potential new member. The heavens have finally granted me time with my sister, Reis, who coincidentally will be in D.C. visiting her friend, Yvette when we pass through that way. Yvette and her good-natured housemate have agreed to let 7 poor circus artists crash on her floor for the night. It will be good to hang out with them. I am excited.

We then head down to North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and full circle back to D.C. and then home to NY.

I will hopefully have pictures of the tour to post at some point. I am bringing my camera, which has been sitting around collecting dust cuz I always forget to take it with me when I leave the house.

As for pictures of me performing...
Well, there won't be many as my part in the show is all of 30 seconds because my back is really quite bad. I finally sat down with the director in tears, and explained that as much as I want to train, the pain is too much and I need a break for a couple weeks so my back can heal---whatever is wrong with it.
I saw a doctor last week and was taking a prescription of cortizone but it did no good.
We had a student recital and performance last Sunday, for which I performed my trapeze act I have been working on. One go was all I had before the pain was too intense, so I saved it for the actual performance (hadn't practiced for over a week prior) but it was fun and I got a lot of good comments such as "You looked great" "Weightless" "great stage presence" "Your underwear were sticking out of your leotard." :) (well, most of the comments were good).
Hopefully at some point I will have permission to post some of the photos the photographer took.

I am excited for this little adventure we are calling a tour. I am prepared with 5 hours of c.d.s on "non-violent communication" for in the van on the way (I'm sure everyone else will be really excited about that--but I am telling you, we could use it around here cuz there is a lot of bickering).

Hugs back "home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home