Louise's Life

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Baby Bunnies

Corbin and I are officially parents. We adopted 2 baby bunnies.
It was actually funny how this all came to be. When I was in Brooklyn, we had bunnies in our yard that were eating up our garden. When all that was left was stems, we got fed up caught them and gave them away on craigslist. Well, between the time when we caught them and found them homes, I grew quite attached. So now that I am in a big house, and we have space, I wanted to get a baby bunny. This past Sunday we went to the pet store to get some supplies and lo-and-behold, there was a rabbit shelter having an adoption day right there in the store. Well, I didn't see the bunny I wanted cuz they were all too big so I went to the lady in charge, Auntie Heather, and put in my order. There and then she pulled out two 3-month old bunnies. We only wanted one, but in the end we thought it was best for her to have a friend so we took them both.
We named one Lily, after my "aunt" Barbara Lily, who just left for a semester abroad. The other one is Ada, after Corbin's late mother, Grace Ada.
They are so cute and I am so excited to have them.
Here are some pictures or the cage, Lily venturing out of the carrying cage when they first arrived (Ada is more shy), and of their first meals in their new home.
(well, the photo files are too big and blogspot won't accept them. until i figure out how to shrink them, you'll have to imagine a cute white bunny with tan spots and a cute, fuzzy, grey bunny).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home