Louise's Life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Home again, home again, giggety gig

It has been brought to my attention that my last blog posting was some time ago and it says I am still in my last week in NY.
Well, nearly a month later, let me tell you I am not!
Happily nestled in the Santa Cruz mountains, once again, i wake up everyday with the trees out my window and Corbin's skin against mine. I think this is paradise, but don't tell cuz the price of housing is already too high. : )

I am loving it here. Life is relatively slow and I am thankful.
I was back for a mere 4 days and then rushed off to Burning Man. I haven't had time to get pictures together but Corbin posted some on his website, if you are interested. corbinstreehouse.com
go to 'pictures' and they should be there, I hope.

But that was fun. I danced and rode my unicycle around and met some acrobats and other fun people to play with. Corbin and I spent a lot of time together and it was nice to have that time, cuz now that we are back, we don't.

Speaking of being back, I'll first say I love it. The weather is perfect (unlike NY). We are spoiled rotten on the California coast. Corbin's house (or shall I say, "our house" as he so kindly corrects me) is in total disarray. We are remodeling and it is truly a construction zone. He works on it every spare minute and I try to help. We leveled the driveway and are digging a trench for the retaining wall. Soon it will be paved and the new, big deck will be underway. Can't wait for the deck.
I have been pulling off the dry-wall and he has been rewiring the house, rebuilding the shed, replacing ducts and all kinds of things. What a project!
I wish I could be more helpful but I am learning and in the meantime I cook dinner and clean up and try to be open to learning how to do the more "manly" things that look fun.
But I do really enjoy having my own kitchen and spending time in it.

Reis and i have been practicing a bit. We are starting a band. It is lovely to practice outside with the trees as our audience. They are so forgiving!
Her songs are really good and I am excited to be singing again.

Speaking of singing again, I am singing with the Choral Project again. I called the director and told him I was back and he invited me back, which is a huge honor cuz they are amazing. I am like a kid; days before rehearsal I get all excited to go and sing. I'll keep you posted on concert dates.

Unicycling is back in my world, which I missed while I was busy doing other fun things. I have some buddies that ride every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. I have been out once but hope to do more. And the annual Mountain Unicycle Weekend is coming up. I have missed the past 2 years so I am excited to ride it again.

Corbin, JoanMarie, Jay and I took a trip to Yosemite last weekend. Corbin and I did some rockclimbing. (I have some practicing to do to keep up with him but he is patient, at least).
It was so amazingly beautiful. Brooklyn aint got nothing on those mountains of granite!
I look forward to many weekends to go and play. I missed having weekends off.

That is about it for now.
Pictures to come.
If you are in the bay area, find me! My phone number is the same as it was before.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Hi Louise! It's Rachel, your Firefly sister! I was thinking about you the other day and missed "the peacemaker" so I remembered that you had this site and checked it out. I realized that I don't have your email, but mine is ras2161@columbia.edu....

    I hope everything is going well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home